Wednesday 27 April 2016

Other things I have been making/ doing.

Rick from "Rick & Morty" statue:

This statue was actually made for my friends birthday, since he loves the show Rick & Morty.



Initial sketch to figure out what pose I wanted the character to be in. 


 I built a wire frame for it, covered that in tinfoil to bulk it out and then slowly added Supersculpy. Building it up to get the characters basic shapes and features. 


Once sculpting was nearly complete I ended up changing the left arm because I wanted him to be holding a beer instead. This meant re-molding the right arm and attaching a new had. I also attached the beer bottle to the hand, and subsequently built up the hand on the side of it.

Once this was done I set about getting some scrap pieces of wood and gluing them together, creating a thick base for the model to stand on. Once this was done I baked the model and then glued it to its base for painting.

The Final Model:




Scottish Anti-Hero Character Concept for Kickstarter Campain:


This drawing was actually for Wayne Mazadza, my Film and TV Collaboration partner who wanted me to design him a Scottish themed Anti-hero for his films kickstarter about this character. 

Original Idea/ Sketches:

He gave me some images of anti-heroes he was looking at and wanted me to do something similar to these:




I took these and began to make the character really rugged and homeless looking, which was something that he originally wanted the character to look like. He was also looking at different weapons he could have, ending up choosing a sledge hammer for him to wield. So this was another thing I need to think about in his design. 






After doing some initial rough sketches in my sketchbook I decided to take the character into Photoshop and do some cleaner designs. 



However when I showed  Wane these designs he said that he liked them but this wasn't really what was looking for. He told me about the changes wanted to make to the character, making him overall more superhero like in appearance, giving him an actual kilt and having him ware some body Armour like a bullet proof vest. Again I went back to the drawing board and did some new sketches of the character. 




Once I had a design I was happy with I went ahead and created the final concept in Photoshop. 

Final Character Concept: 


After editing it a bit to make the proportions a bit more in scale, I was really happy with how it turned out. I showed it to Wayne and he loved it, and said that he could take this and add a background to it and such. So job done!

No comments:

Post a Comment